cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container border

Aquamarine

Container border

Hi,

I'd like to avoid those grey spaces of container.

mnaeem_0-1579086698400.png

It's showing this kind of result.

mnaeem_1-1579086738072.png

In this mashup all the cells are mashups.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Container border

Hi,

Please can you attach export of entities to reproduce in internal environment?

Probably custom CSS can help here.

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Hi @raluca_edu ,

Thank you for your quick response.

You can find exported mashup in attachment.

Can you please attach style used in containers? I cannot see the mashup with all the formatting.

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Thank uo @raluca_edu 

Yes I have attached. It is just the style with border line.

Hi,

I tried to play around with the borders in the attached mashup.

1. Doesn't matter the grey space in Designer mode, that spaces are only to show you where the borders are added.

2. You added borders to every existing container in the mashup and this cause the borders to overlap and that's why you see inconsistent layout of the mashup.

My recommendation is to add borders only to the outer containers and not to the internal ones (e.g. the ones that are containing widgets). In the attached mashup, I have played with the Style of different containers, some of them have "DefaultContainerStyle" instead of Container style.

Although the attached mashup is not perfect, I hope the above explanations will help you to arrange it as per your requirements.

Another hint that you could use: instead of using borders , you can create a container with height 1px to separate the contents in the mashup (see Middle Container mashup attached).

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Thank You @raluca_edu ,

It was really helpful.

I also want to change the background of the container depending on the property value which has 0 or 1.

In the following example I'm using a label widget inside the container and wrote the name manually. I'd like to change the color of the entire container green or red depending on 1 or 0 value of the property, while keep the manually written name.

mnaeem_0-1579532708181.png

Hi,

I didn't find any solution to your question. You can change background to any widget that has State Formatting, but the containers cannot be changed with State Formatting, only custom CSS.

Maybe someone else has an idea about this.

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Hi @raluca_edu ,

Yes I understand state formatting. But I'd like to display the text written manually and changing only its background colour.

Thank You!

Naeem

Hi @mnaeem.

As @raluca_edu stated, you would need to use CSS.  Here is a link to the Help Center.

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum! ______________________________