cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Control Widget Data source

Saitoisonfire
12-Amethyst

Control Widget Data source

Hi All,

I'm using a contained mashup receiving data from service x.
Eventually, I need this conteined mashup receive data from service y as well...
How can I create this control?

Thanks,

Anselmo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vxavier
13-Aquamarine
(To:Saitoisonfire)

Hi @Saitoisonfire,

Ok, I can think in two cases here:

• Services Y and X will populate different properties in the Mashup contained. This is easy, you create the mashup parameters in the mashup that will be contained and link the outputs of each services for each respective properties. 
  • Services Y and X will populate the same property, in this case you need to think in what situation each service will populate the property. Maybe you can solve this with condition in the services. Using expressions. Create another W service to deal with Y and X services to give just one output. I am not sure if event router could be used here, but maybe, it is a possibility.

Hope it helps you,

Vinícius Xavier.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vxavier
13-Aquamarine

Hi @Saitoisonfire,

Ok, I can think in two cases here:

• Services Y and X will populate different properties in the Mashup contained. This is easy, you create the mashup parameters in the mashup that will be contained and link the outputs of each services for each respective properties. 
  • Services Y and X will populate the same property, in this case you need to think in what situation each service will populate the property. Maybe you can solve this with condition in the services. Using expressions. Create another W service to deal with Y and X services to give just one output. I am not sure if event router could be used here, but maybe, it is a possibility.

Hope it helps you,

Vinícius Xavier.

Hi @vxavier,

It is the second case, I have to populate the same priority. 
I thought it could have an easier way using some kind of flux manager instead of a lot of  "if".
But I think this is the solution.

Thanks,

Anselmo.

vxavier
13-Aquamarine

I checked here, Event Router will do the job.

The EventRouter Widget allows a user to bind multiple sources to one target, and each time a source is updated, the output is updated accordingly.

Top Tags