cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Create Application Key in a service

Dorian
6-Contributor

Create Application Key in a service

Hello,

I'm on Thingworx 8.4

I'm trying to create application key with a service, but unfortunately some user can't do that. 

Previously, I had this error : Unable to process import: Not authorized for Create
So I went to Permission -> Collection -> Application Key -> Design Time and add user and give it the rigth to create and delete.

But now, I have this error : Import Failed: Unable to create applicationKey: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]]

Some users (Administrator, or users in Admin group) could do this action without problem

Do you have some information about this please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dorian
6-Contributor
(To:cmorfin)

The problem is solved, in fact, after changing DesignTime permission, I have to restart Thingworx 

After restarting, my user could create application key thanks to Resources["EntityServices"].CreateApplicationKey(params);

Thank you

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:Dorian)

Hi @Dorian 

Could you give more details about your service ?

What do you use to create the appkey ?

Thanks

Christophe

Dorian
6-Contributor
(To:cmorfin)

The problem is solved, in fact, after changing DesignTime permission, I have to restart Thingworx 

After restarting, my user could create application key thanks to Resources["EntityServices"].CreateApplicationKey(params);

Thank you

Strange. I'm pretty sure I was able to assign permissions for exactly this operation without needing to restart the platform. Happy that you managed to solve your issue though!

Whenever that error happens it feels for me that the user you're using does not have visibility to the ThingWorxPersistenceProvider (system entity under the PersistenceProvider tab). Try to assign the visibility to the pers prov. and try again.

Top Tags