cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Create database to ThingWorx Analytics Builder

fabriziogra
6-Contributor

Create database to ThingWorx Analytics Builder

Greetings,

I am beginner level and I am using the guides to orientation.

The plataform that I am using is ThingWorx Analytics and this guide: https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/analytics-builder-quickstart/data-upload

But, in this guide the databases is ready to download and I want to create a database from my PLC's tags (I am using ThingWorx Industrial Conecntivity to maps the PLC's tags) to use in Analytics Builder.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fabriziogra,

The creation of a CSV for batch loading is one way to do it, and probably the simplest method to get you going on the product.

You do have the option of creating a service in ThingWorx Platform to programmatically upload a file as well, which will require custom coding on your end to call the Analytics Data Service.

The great thing in 8.4.x, is that there is no metadata file requirement anymore as we can infer the data types and present them to you for review before upload.

Please let me know if that answers your question.

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Fabriziogra,

Thank you for your post to the PTC Community.

I appologize, I am not sure if I follow your question.

Are you asking about creating a separate Database from the ThingWorx Analytics (TWA) storage?

ThingWorx Analytics stores uploaded data in an Apache Parquet File System format, so a separate Database is not required. All that is required is a CSV file with headers (as of 8.4, easiest method) and you can load a dataset to ThingWorx Analytics.

If you are asking about how to stream data to ThingWorx Analytics, you can create a service in ThingWorx Platform Server, and use the Analytics services to load data programmatically.

Regards,

Neel

fabriziogra
6-Contributor
(To:nsampat)

Thanks for your answer!

Actually, what I want to do is this:

I have a variable in my PLC that captures how many tons was produced of a particular product during the day.

And I want to throw that variable into Analytics so that I can see how Analytics will behave by analyzing that variant.

This variable is being mapped to my Industrial Connectivity.

In order for me to be able to enter the data from this myvariable into Analytics, should I format the data from thisvariable into a .CSV file and import it into Analytics?

fabriziogra,

The creation of a CSV for batch loading is one way to do it, and probably the simplest method to get you going on the product.

You do have the option of creating a service in ThingWorx Platform to programmatically upload a file as well, which will require custom coding on your end to call the Analytics Data Service.

The great thing in 8.4.x, is that there is no metadata file requirement anymore as we can infer the data types and present them to you for review before upload.

Please let me know if that answers your question.

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags