cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Create tags to upload dataset to Analytics Builder

RS_9963079
7-Bedrock

Create tags to upload dataset to Analytics Builder

Hi, 

I've created a custom service that creates a dataset using the CreateDataSet service from the Analytics Server Data Thing. I want to add tags so that the dataset will appear in the Analytics Builder. I found this snippet of code that will create a tags info table, but I'm confused as to what the if statement will achieve:

var tags = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape({
dataShapeName: "GenericStringList" /* DATASHAPENAME */
});
if (displayInBuilder && datasetName){
    tags.AddRow({ item: "builderdataset" });
     tags.AddRow({ item: "builderdatasetname:" + datasetName.toLowerCase()

});

When I try to run this code with my datatsetName, it says that "displayInBuilder" does not exist- is this something I need to define, or is this calling another function/service? 

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RS_9963079 ,

The reference tags are flags for the Analytics Extensions to know which datashapes are to be used in the Builder Mashup.

It should be noted, that if you load a dataset and perform your analysis in Analytics Server via services, you wont be able to work through builder as a validation job is required (part of the Training/Modelling within Builder Mashup Extensions)

Can you provide where you got the snippet from, and what your use case is? Typically users will opt to only use the Analytics Services for job processing and results, or use the provided Builder Mashups in the extensions for the charts and UI, not both simultaneously.

Regards,

Neel

edit: There is another community post with sample custom Services to use ThingWorx Analytics which may be of use - https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/Analytics-Services-Examples/m-p/724778

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@RS_9963079 ,

The reference tags are flags for the Analytics Extensions to know which datashapes are to be used in the Builder Mashup.

It should be noted, that if you load a dataset and perform your analysis in Analytics Server via services, you wont be able to work through builder as a validation job is required (part of the Training/Modelling within Builder Mashup Extensions)

Can you provide where you got the snippet from, and what your use case is? Typically users will opt to only use the Analytics Services for job processing and results, or use the provided Builder Mashups in the extensions for the charts and UI, not both simultaneously.

Regards,

Neel

edit: There is another community post with sample custom Services to use ThingWorx Analytics which may be of use - https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/Analytics-Services-Examples/m-p/724778

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:RS_9963079)

Hi @RS_9963079

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the previous response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags