cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creating Dynamic Variable Report

AnselmoSilSaito
12-Amethyst

Creating Dynamic Variable Report

Hi All,

I am trying to create a report maker where the user can add freely the amount of variables in your report.
For that, I am creating a service that:
Create the Infotable with the captured data from my user; (ok)
Transpose the table fields to use it as a table format for the report; (ok)
Create a datashape from the transposed table; (and here is the problem, can I create datashape from a table created by .CreateInfoTable(params) method?)
Create a datatable;
Add values in the datatable;
Finally, show my datatable as my user wishes;

Any tips?

Thanks.

A.

2 REPLIES 2

What software is this for? I don't understand what you're talking about.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

I find it very difficult to understand your request.

If you wish to know how to make table data into 3D data, then consider a point file.

Point files are very simple to create, they are simply X, Y and Z values.

No headers or anything, just numeric values in an ascii file with a .pts extension.

In Creo Parametric, you can use the point file in 2 ways; import creates a simple locked import feature and Create Points from File lets you import up to 30,000 point (IIRC) into your part file.

In some cases, you can run a datum curve through the points captured by the points file.

Then again, I could be way off in your question.  Of course, you could reverse the process if you have points in a Creo part file that you want to save to a spreadsheet.

Top Tags