cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creating Mashups Dynamically based on Mashup Template

fbdsilva
8-Gravel

Creating Mashups Dynamically based on Mashup Template

Hi Community!

I would like to know if would be possible to create mashups from services using mashup template, exactly like we do to create things dynamically.

Just to better exemplify my use case, I would like to create a mashup for each thing created dynamically because on this mashup everything is equal besides the values on the collection widgets.

Thanks in advance!

Felipe Duarte

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@fbdsilva ,

If the mashup is visually the same except for values on a collection widget, I would consider creating one mashup with a parameter for your Thing.  Then use services in that mashup to grab the values for that particular Thing.  To view that mashup using a URL, you can do something like:

/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html?mashup=MyCoolMashup&MyThingName=MyCoolThing

where MyThingName is the name of the parameter on your mashup.

Hope that helps,

Nick 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@fbdsilva ,

If the mashup is visually the same except for values on a collection widget, I would consider creating one mashup with a parameter for your Thing.  Then use services in that mashup to grab the values for that particular Thing.  To view that mashup using a URL, you can do something like:

/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html?mashup=MyCoolMashup&MyThingName=MyCoolThing

where MyThingName is the name of the parameter on your mashup.

Hope that helps,

Nick 

Top Tags