cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Custom scatter chart widget

prince_vanani
5-Regular Member

Custom scatter chart widget

Hello, i want to create a custom scatter chart that has some properties like data, x-axis label, y-axis label, height, width, point size, point color, bg color, axis color, grid lines, title, tooltip, etc, and some events like data change, double click, etc. I have found below-attached fils from the community but I still have no idea for runtime.js file, can anyone provide me some docs or any file or code that can help me to create a custom scatter chart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @prince_vanani.

Did you take a look at the Line Chart?  Under Parameters, you can select Scatter Plot Chart for ChartType.  This may provide the functionality you need without having to write your own custom widget.

If there is some missing functionality in the Line Chart, feel free to request an enhancement on the ThingWorx Ideas forum.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @prince_vanani.

Did you take a look at the Line Chart?  Under Parameters, you can select Scatter Plot Chart for ChartType.  This may provide the functionality you need without having to write your own custom widget.

If there is some missing functionality in the Line Chart, feel free to request an enhancement on the ThingWorx Ideas forum.

Regards.

--Sharon

prince_vanani
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

thanks @slangley 

If you want to make a custom widget, I've found this simplified version of a widget to be an extremely helpful starting point: https://github.com/vilia-fr/twx-infotable-to-json-ext

You can compress the UI and metadata.xml file using 7-zip, WinZip or any similar tool then import the widget as an extension to your project.

prince_vanani
5-Regular Member
(To:WesHuber)

Will try it.

Btw thanks @WesHuber 

Top Tags