cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dashboard is it possible to have more than one per user?

fmanniti
9-Granite

Dashboard is it possible to have more than one per user?

If I make two different mashups and in each mashup I insert a dashboard, I actually see the same dashboard and if I edit one, I'll edit the other one too.

Is it possible to have two different dashboards for to two mashups?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dashboards belong to the user who is logged in when creating them. If you logged in as another user and tried to view this mashup, you'd probably get an error. You'd have to share each tab individually with that other user before they'd see the right tabs. I would recommend logging in as different users for test and demo and creating different dashboards that way. You share by organizational unit, so if you only want some users to see some dashboards, you can share with different organizations and put different users in each organization.

Hope this helps!

Tori

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Yeah, this should be possible. Just create two dashboards and two mashups and associate a different mashup with each dashboard

It's actually what I did but it doesn't seem to work.

I did this:

• Create List of Gadget A
    • Gadget_a_1
    • Gadget_a_2
    • Gadget_a_3
  • Create a static mashup with all gadgets A included: "LibraryMashup_A"
  • Create a Mashup with dashboard and include LibraryMashup_A: Mashup_A

Then

• Create List of Gadget B
    • Gadget_b_1
    • Gadget_b_2
    • Gadget_b_3
  • Create a static mashup with all gadgets B included: "LibraryMashup_B"
  • Create a Mashup with dashboard and include LibraryMashup_B: Mashup_B

Now, apparently, the two Mashups A and B have no relations, yet when I drag and drop the dashboard widget into Mashup_B I can see all Gadgets_A i previously made.

The only difference is that, when (runtime) I go on the group's menu and click on Add Gadget I see Gadget_b's instead of Gadget_a's; but if I edit Mashup_B I also edit Mashup_A automatically

Are you seeing the other dashboards as tabs when viewing them in the Mashups? Try unchecking the "ShowTabs" property of the dashboard widget on each mashup. I am looking at this in 7.1.0, and it appears to be working as expected. What you might be doing is modifying the same dashboard from each mashup without realizing that they are looking at the same tab of the dashboard widget. If this doesn't resolve your issue, let me know what version you are in so I can look for bug defects

No, I think it's different.

I'm using version 7.2

I am running two different projects with the same account.

A first project is called Demo01 and another is called Test01

What I want is Demo01 "won't talk" to Test01 so whatever it happens to Demo won't affect Test in any way.

Now, both in Test01 and in Demo01 I have a mashup with a dashboard and I want the chance to make several tabs but tabs in Demo_mashup must be different to tabs in Test_mashup so that, when I click on view mashup, I expect to see two different web pages; instead I see two identical pages

This is supposed to be Demo01

as you can see, among tabs there's Test01 that is the Dashboard I created for my Test project.

In my Demo project I don't want to see that dashboard at all. Plus, if I'm in Test project and I delete Demo01-Details dashboard, it will be deleted also in Demo project.

I hope it's clear how I explained.

Thanks

Dashboards belong to the user who is logged in when creating them. If you logged in as another user and tried to view this mashup, you'd probably get an error. You'd have to share each tab individually with that other user before they'd see the right tabs. I would recommend logging in as different users for test and demo and creating different dashboards that way. You share by organizational unit, so if you only want some users to see some dashboards, you can share with different organizations and put different users in each organization.

Hope this helps!

Tori

Ok, I get it.

I hoped there was a way to have more dashboard per user.

Thanks for explaining that

Ok, I'm sorry it is so tricky. If my above answer helped you, you may consider marking it correct for other community users to be able to identify this thread as a source of useful information.

Have a nice day!

Tori

dear Fabio Manniti ,

I want to know the configuration step about the widgets in your picture ,can you describe it ?thanks a lot.

Hi, I don't really understand what do you mean by configuration step.

That widget is inside a gadget and connected to a certain property of a Thing.

In this case the property was the Temperature.

I just binded the property of the thing within the widget but I didn't do any configuration.

Please, tell me more in detail what do you want to know

Top Tags