cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

DataChange Event property

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine

DataChange Event property

This is a fairly simple question that I can't find the answer to anywhere. I'm dealing with a DataChange event - Update - and I would like to know what the EntryChangeEvent data shape field definitions 'id' and 'type' indicate in the system. I have a theory that they have to do with specific entry that was changed in the data table, but I can't confirm it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ike@ACE)

id is the key of the row, use the GetDataTableEntryByKey to get the row itself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

For DataTables and I think Streams as well, ID is the unique id of the records and type is the type of change made.

At least to the best of my knowledge.

You can test this by doing an entry, then editing it and subscribing and looking at the info.

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

So, for data tables, this would include all of the information contained within the row or rows that were changed? Or is it an identifier that points to that data? For example, do I use the 'id' property as the input for the Key of a data table? Do I use it to call the data it represents like you would with any other infotable variable?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

id is the key of the row, use the GetDataTableEntryByKey to get the row itself.

Top Tags