cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Datachange event not firing with MQTT

Tomellache2B
14-Alexandrite

Datachange event not firing with MQTT

As per this thread- same issue:

Hi @PaiChung 

I am doing the exact same exercise. I've already changed the property aspect to Always. Still my property values do not update. Is this a permissions issue? Do I need to do something differently?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just to give some context, the exercise I am doing is on a ThingWorx server.

I have values coming from MQTT and it updates the JSON. I have written a service that takes JSON values and passes them to the respective thing property. A subscription calls this service. The values on the property are not still updating. Even after I gave run time permissions to the system user. I've also got a persistent provider, are there any changes that I need to make on this?

Is there something I am overlooking ?

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Just to give some context, the exercise I am doing is on a ThingWorx server.

I have values coming from MQTT and it updates the JSON. I have written a service that takes JSON values and passes them to the respective thing property. A subscription calls this service. The values on the property are not still updating. Even after I gave run time permissions to the system user. I've also got a persistent provider, are there any changes that I need to make on this?

Is there something I am overlooking ?

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Hi all,

I found the problem.

It was in the subscription.

The correct code for the subscription is in the image below.

Top Tags