cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Delete extension entities

tobed
5-Regular Member

Delete extension entities

Hi everyone,

we deploy a TWX application to different environments as an extension.

As we're upgrading to TWX 9.2.1 we need to delete all dependencies of WindchillConnector in order to be able to do the upgrade.

Unfortunately our extension includes a ThingTemplate that is directly inheriting from WindchillConnector. We would like to delete this ThingTemplate but we're not able to (even if all dependencies of this particular ThingTemplate have been removed).

How can we delete this ThingTemplate without completely removing the extension (too much overhead, as the extension is quite complex and requires a lot of set-up/configuration)?

We tried:

1. Delete via service -> Error: Extension Entities Cannot be deleted

2. Delete via UI after all dependencies have been removed: delete button still greyed out

3. aspect.isEditableExtensionObject="true" -> extension developers guide tells us it is not allowed on Thing Templates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am not sure if this works, but if you build a new minor version of your extension without that template, would that work?

From what I remember, if your extension contains editable extension objects, if a new extension version is uploaded, and if those entities are modified, they would not be impacted (read: overwritten) by the new version deployment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am not sure if this works, but if you build a new minor version of your extension without that template, would that work?

From what I remember, if your extension contains editable extension objects, if a new extension version is uploaded, and if those entities are modified, they would not be impacted (read: overwritten) by the new version deployment.

tobed
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirRosu)

@VladimirRosu thank you very much!

I had expected that the template would simply remain in TWX as it is, but after deploying the new  version without it, it was deleted in TWX as well.

So for all people who might have this problem in the future:

1. Build + deploy version of extension that removes all dependencies of that Template in the extension itself.
  2. Deploy version and remove all entities that depend on the Template but are not part of extension (entities that were created in TWX using extension resources).
  3. Build + deploy version of extension that does not contain the template any more.
Top Tags