cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Deleting Extensions from Thingworx

ibagwan
6-Contributor

Deleting Extensions from Thingworx

Hi,

is there any way to delete multiple extensions at one go ?

tried deleting ThingworxStorage ,ThingworxBackupStorage and <Apache Directory>webapp/Thingworx/WEB-INF/extensions

and redeploying the thingworx.

But, this is causing a licensing problem, on each redeploy Thingworx is creating new Instance ID, and searching for license with new Instance Id.

is there anyway to cleanup the Thingworx and set it to default like fresh installed

Thanks

Imran

3 REPLIES 3
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:ibagwan)

Which persistence provider you are using ? As you import an extension so there are entries which comes into DB tables .Extensions and extensionpackage_model are the two tables which contain extension entry .So if this is a fresh install and does not contain any data then you need to refresh the DB as well .

ibagwan
6-Contributor
(To:mnarang)

Hi Mukul,

Sorry, forget to mentioned, i am using H2 as an Database.

my concern is, i have extension zip that contains 35+ thingworx extensions, and as a part of cleanup job, i want to clean the Thingworx instance, 

so is there any other valid option or any REST endpoint where i can iterate through the extensions and delete them,

or delete them in one go, just to avoid re-deployment of thingworx and licensing.

mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:ibagwan)

First of all there is no valid option or REST call which can delete extensions in a go as extensions might have an internal dependencies .But in case of H2 if you want to clean up everything out there including the extensions then you can stop tomcat just take backup of database folder in ThingworxStorage or you can simply cut it from there and paste is somewhere else for a backup.And now if you restart the tomcat it will create a new database (A fresh db which will not contain anything) .After doing this you will have a complete cleaned up TWX instance .But this is not a recommended practice ,the idle way to delete extension is from composer and one by one only .As i earlier mentioned that every extension import takes an entry into DB,extension folder and deployed extension folder .But i will recommend you to test this in a testing environment first .

Thanks,

Mukul Narang 

Top Tags