cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Disable Copy & Paste on Text Field

Naved_Ansari
5-Regular Member

Disable Copy & Paste on Text Field

I would like to disable Copy and Paste option on Text Field in ThingWorx during Runtime. Is there a way to do this?

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Naved_Ansari)

What is the use case for this? Personally I'm not well versed, but this article seems to say that potentially it can be done with CSS (the other methods would require a custom widget)

https://www.makeuseof.com/disable-text-selection-cut-copy-paste-right-click-on-web-page/

Naved_Ansari
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

We have a Manual Form where Customer does not want any user to Copy & Paste the Value while filling the Form, I already tried implementing using CSS as it is mentioned in the link you provided but its not working. It works for Label Widget but not for TextField.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I you aren't able to override that behavior with CSS most likely you will need to create a custom widget.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Naved_Ansari.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags