cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Display a pdf file in mashup

anassNasser
7-Bedrock

Display a pdf file in mashup

hi,

I want to display a pdf file in a mashup (webframe), I Set the good url, but the problem is that when i click on a grid i download the pdf file instead of display it in  a webframe.

help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @anassNasser ,

The browser's behavior is determined by Content-Disposition HTTP header, see details here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6293893/how-do-i-force-files-to-open-in-the-browser-instead-of-downloading-pdf

Depending on how your ThingWorx is hosted, you'll have different options of configuring it. For exampl, if you have Nginx reverse proxy in front of your ThingWorx, then this config will make PDFs render inside browser instead of making it downloading them:

location ~* /(.*\.pdf) {
        proxy_hide_header       Content-Disposition;
        add_header              Content-Disposition "inline";
        ... the rest of redirect config ...
} 

Regards,
Constantine

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:anassNasser)

I think that is tied to the browser behavior.

Okey I will test it in different browsers

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @anassNasser.

How did your testing go?  If you found that the issue was tied to browser behavior, please mark the response by @PaiChung as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

hi @slangley @PaiChung ,

I tested in Google Chrome, Mozilla firefox but i can't bind my service with URL Variable of webframe, but when I Call the mentionned in documentation I Can get my file in browser (but no result when i bind it )

https://colligodemo2.cristalcloud.com/Thingworx/FileRepositoryDownloader?download-repository=NomDuRepertoireLocal&directRender=true&download-path=/NomDuFichier.pdf

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Since this seems to be in a Thingworx repository.

When you run the service GetFileListingWithLinks it should give you a usable URL

Hello @anassNasser ,

The browser's behavior is determined by Content-Disposition HTTP header, see details here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6293893/how-do-i-force-files-to-open-in-the-browser-instead-of-downloading-pdf

Depending on how your ThingWorx is hosted, you'll have different options of configuring it. For exampl, if you have Nginx reverse proxy in front of your ThingWorx, then this config will make PDFs render inside browser instead of making it downloading them:

location ~* /(.*\.pdf) {
        proxy_hide_header       Content-Disposition;
        add_header              Content-Disposition "inline";
        ... the rest of redirect config ...
} 

Regards,
Constantine

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @anassNasser.

If one of the previous responses allowed you to find a solution, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.  If you have found your own solution, please post it here and mark that as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags