cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Do we have a calculator widget to use for creating expression based on the selection of the inputs and the necessary mathematical operators.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Do we have a calculator widget to use for creating expression based on the selection of the inputs and the necessary mathematical operators.

Hello Team,

I have a requirement where i need to create a expression based on the inputs selection by the user and use mathematical operators for the inputs used for the desired calculated output.

Request help on how to achieve this functionality.

Thanks

Sunay

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:sbt)

Hi Sunay, there's no OOTB Calculator Widget, however for your purpose of evaluating expressions and so on you can use the Expression Widget

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:supandey)

Hello Sushant,

But can we validate that expression...?? since the expression include various mathematical operators like logarithmic function and trigonometric operations.

Thanks

Sunay

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Yes, it should be possible though you might likely require your own custom services to meet your exact demands, but it should be possible to validate the expressions.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Hello Sushant,

I am building a calculator using the button widgets, but i have problem in executing the same service on the click event of the button.

I have mapped the text area text to the existingexp parameter of the service, and the output of the service back to textarea.

Also i have mapped all the events of the button to call the service.

But the concatenatingexp parameter of the service has to change based on what button i have clicked and respective text has to get appended.

I see that i ll not be allowed to assign  concatenatingexp parameter with multiple inputs from various buttons.

In this case how would i go with it.

Thanks,

Sunay

Top Tags