cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Document Services Usage in Mashup Builder

emoreira
12-Amethyst

Document Services Usage in Mashup Builder

Mashup builder is not yet available in NextGen Composer but  I believe it would be an opportunity to implement a couple of improvements that could help a lot  the understanding of the mashups when we are changing or maintaining  applications that are already created.

1. Allow the user to add a textual comment for each service added to the mashup: many times I see mashups that implement 2/3 times the same service for different purposes and it is hard to track exactly what is the right usage for a particular service unless we go through all the Wiring. Sometimes a simple textual indication would simplify it.
  2. A way to track where services are used: when services are reused in many mashups it is hard to figure out the impact of a change. This would also apply for services used in other services

What do you guys think?

Ewerton

1 REPLY 1
cbaldwin
13-Aquamarine
(To:emoreira)

Hi Ewerton,

Great ideas.  I've passed along the first item about comments/descriptions for why a service is included in a mashup to the right team.

For the second item, the "Where used" capability is sorely needed across the platform, including visualization.  I am targeting a feature in an upcoming release to address this also.

Top Tags