cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Donut chart widget development

soumya-hcl
8-Gravel

Donut chart widget development

I,m trying to develop a dobut chart as per requirements of my client. Since I,m new to ThingWorx widget development I tried to follow the tutorial on custom widget development and was also going through the existing widgets. On trying to go through the pie-chart widget I came across below like line in numerous places which I think is loading values from property files. can anyone help me to understand it.

'name': TW.IDE.I18NController.translate('tw.piechart-ide.widget.name')

Also can anyone help me to understand how the html is loaded when the widget is added. I could not understand the bellow lines in HTML. 

this.renderHtml = function () {
var html = '';
html += '<div class="widget-content widget-piechart"><table height="100%" width="100%"><tr><td valign="middle" align="center"><span>'+ TW.IDE.I18NController.translate('tw.piechart-ide.pie-chart') +'</span></td></tr></table></div>';
return html;
};

Also if I want to create a donut chart which library should I use, jQueryCharts, D3 or Canvas. Which one is to develop? I,m new to UI so my questions are naive.

1 REPLY 1
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:soumya-hcl)

Hi @soumya-hcl.

Apologies for the oversight in responding to your request.

The in-depth scope of your request will require customization and is therefore not a topic we can sufficiently cover through a Community post.  However, we have a number of training options available that will allow you to get up to speed and help to determine the most appropriate design for your needs.  Here are just a few:

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags