cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Dropdown widget - how to write beginning of your choice item

ZbigniewK
8-Gravel

Dropdown widget - how to write beginning of your choice item

In my mashup, I have dropdown widget. It takes datas from SQL querry, so it shows you a lot of possible choices and you can select one. 
Unfortunatelly, this list is quite long. So we would like to start type begining of name (eg. DA), and system should show you only selection which starts with this string (so DA01st20, DA01st30, but not DE01st30). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

If you are using the dropdown widget and not the legacy combobox all you have to do is enable filtering on the widget using ShowListFilter widget property.  This filtering is done within the widget and will make anywhere in your display field.

If you want to limit matching to the beginning of the string I believe you will have to write a custom service or widget for this.

Thanks,

Travis

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

If you are using the dropdown widget and not the legacy combobox all you have to do is enable filtering on the widget using ShowListFilter widget property.  This filtering is done within the widget and will make anywhere in your display field.

If you want to limit matching to the beginning of the string I believe you will have to write a custom service or widget for this.

Thanks,

Travis

Top Tags