cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Dynamic Services not working

PabloCastilla
8-Gravel

Dynamic Services not working

Hello, 

I'm designing a mashup, to gather and show data from many Things, using Dynamic Services. But it doesn't work, no data is showing in the mashup.

I've created a ThingTemplate, with all the properties needed, also, I've created a "Helper Thing" to create new things using the TT as base. The helper also fill the properties whose include some infotables. 

Everithing works as should until the mashup step.

I've created a mashup with list and grids, The idea is: when I press a row, the other grids should show me the data related. 

For this, I'm using services with output Infotable (IsDataTable with Datashapes and a primary key). 

I've called those services on the mashup enabling Dynamic Service; Also, I've called the service getImplementingThingsWithData; all of them from the TT.

PabloCastilla_0-1671558103220.png

PabloCastilla_1-1671558112379.png

PabloCastilla_4-1671558749600.png

But it just doesn't work.

PabloCastilla_2-1671558118598.png

I've read about IDFieldName (1). I've checked it matchs with my primary key, so I'm not sure if that's the problem. Moreover, I got the same problems while using the dynamic service GetPropertyValues. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Thank you for all the advices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First glance things look correct.

on load get the implementing things - are you displaying those somewhere? Like a list or dropdown?

Upon someone selecting an item in that list or dropdown, the selectedrow/item will change

entity name of that row is now assigned to the 'dynamic thing template' and on that 'thing' now the service 'StepInfotableRead' is triggered

its returned data is displayed in a table widget.

Is it at all possible you are not triggering a selection?

else I would add logging and run with developer tools to see what all is actually happening.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

First glance things look correct.

on load get the implementing things - are you displaying those somewhere? Like a list or dropdown?

Upon someone selecting an item in that list or dropdown, the selectedrow/item will change

entity name of that row is now assigned to the 'dynamic thing template' and on that 'thing' now the service 'StepInfotableRead' is triggered

its returned data is displayed in a table widget.

Is it at all possible you are not triggering a selection?

else I would add logging and run with developer tools to see what all is actually happening.

Hi, @PaiChung,

Thank you for your response, 

I've verified, but everything is binded as should. I've surrender with the "Dynamic" way.

But, I found a different way to get the results I wanted by creating a service and it works.

PabloCastilla_0-1672868411283.png

Regardless, I am very grateful for the time and advices you gave me.

Top Tags