cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Dynamically adding properties to a thing

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

Dynamically adding properties to a thing

Hello,

I am adding properties dynamically at run-time to a thing (say, 'Thing_1'). In 'Thing_1', the properties are added simultaneously from multiple Things (say, 'Thing_A', 'Thing_B', 'Thing_C'). Sometimes all these, properties are added to 'Thing_1' but most of the time I am getting the error - 

JavaException: com.thingworx.common.exceptions.ModelAccessException: [1,012] Data store timeout error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]

I am using default H2 database as persistence provider, and my Thingworx version is: 8.1.0.

I have observed this error many times and I am not able to find the appropriate cause for it so that I can fix it, but in this one scenario, the probability of occurrence of this error is very high.

I also read couple of old posts mentioning this error and have found that this is mostly related to database configuration, but in my case I am using the default persistence provider with Thingworx.

Please let me know the probable cause of it and also if any other input is required from my end.

Thanks in advance

Aditya Mittal

8 REPLIES 8
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:amittal-3)

Hi @amittal-3.

Here is an article that may explain what is occurring.  If you are unable to resolve the issue after reading this, please provide a .zip of the logs located at \ThingworxStorage\logs.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Hello Sharon,

Thanks for your response. I did had a look on the article. It mentions that possible cause of the issue could be multiple entries in 'system_ownership' table.

I am using default H2 database and am using RazorSQL to view the database tables. But when I fire query

select * from system_ownership;

I get the error as "ERROR: Table "SYSTEM_OWNERSHIP" not found". Is the name of the table changed or under which category can this table be found.

Regards

Aditya

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @amittal-3.

After taking a closer look at this, I think we need to review your ThingWorx logs.  Can you please provide the logs located at \ThingworxStorage\logs?

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @amittal-3.

Just following up on this post to see if you were able to resolve your issue.  If so, please post a reply with the solution and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

If you are still experiencing problems, please provide your logs for further review of the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

Hello Sharon,

I apologise for not keeping the post up to date. The current issue is, I have made certain changes in my script as I am trying to minimise accessing (writing to) the same thing and the occurrence of this issue is minimised, but it has not completely resolved the issue. I would definitely like to understand about this issue more as what I am currently doing probably is not the best course of action or in the best possible way. But as I said I have minimised the occurrence of this issue, I would share the logs once I have sufficient errors of the same kind.

Thanks

Aditya

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

Hello Sharon,

I can share my logs on the forum, but I would like to share those with my official (Company) ID, with which I have already registered on PTC website. As we already have license now, I would prefer to go with my official mailing ID.

How can I do so? Do I need to raise another ticket?

Regards

Aditya Mittal

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @amittal-3.

If you need to share the logs via your company email, then the best option would be to open a case.

Regards.

--Sharon

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

Thanx Sharon,

I have opened a seperate support case, and am In discussion with Thingworx support. In the case I have also mentioned whatever we discussed in this forum topic. As soon as I have a proper fix/solution to the problem, I shall post it here.

Regards

Aditya

Top Tags