cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Dynamically changing the Configuration property of a Thing

AjaySrini
6-Contributor

Dynamically changing the Configuration property of a Thing

Can someone advise me if there is a way to change the configuration property of a thing dynamically (through a service).

My requirement is as follows :

I have a thing (Thing_1) that inherits TimerThing Template and in the Configuration tab, there is an 'Update Rate' set as 60000ms by default. Now, I need to change this configuration property dynamically from a service of another thing (Thing_2) based on the input provided to that service.

Is there any in-built service that I can use to update the configuration property dynamically ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here you have a code sample on how to do it:

// -- Parameters
var timerName = "yourTimerThingName";
var updateRate = 60000; // or anyother

// -- Constants var CONFIGURATION_TABLE_NAME = "Settings"; // -- Start var timer = Things[timerName]; if (timer!=null) { var actualValues = timer.GetConfigurationTable({ tableName: CONFIGURATION_TABLE_NAME }); if (actualValues.rows.length>0) { actualValues.rows[0].updateRate = updateRate; var params = { configurationTable: actualValues , persistent: true, tableName: CONFIGURATION_TABLE_NAME }; // no return timer.SetConfigurationTable(params); } // -- A Full Restart it's needed, just doing a Disable/Enable doesn't works timer.RestartThing(); }

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Here you have a code sample on how to do it:

// -- Parameters
var timerName = "yourTimerThingName";
var updateRate = 60000; // or anyother

// -- Constants var CONFIGURATION_TABLE_NAME = "Settings"; // -- Start var timer = Things[timerName]; if (timer!=null) { var actualValues = timer.GetConfigurationTable({ tableName: CONFIGURATION_TABLE_NAME }); if (actualValues.rows.length>0) { actualValues.rows[0].updateRate = updateRate; var params = { configurationTable: actualValues , persistent: true, tableName: CONFIGURATION_TABLE_NAME }; // no return timer.SetConfigurationTable(params); } // -- A Full Restart it's needed, just doing a Disable/Enable doesn't works timer.RestartThing(); }
Top Tags