cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

ERROR - TW.Runtime.Workspace.Mashups.getWidget exception loading widget

Velkumar
18-Opal

ERROR - TW.Runtime.Workspace.Mashups.getWidget exception loading widget

Hi all,

I'm trying to create new Thingworx Widget using Apache echarts. I have created simple chart and imported into Thingworx. I'm able to see widget in Composer but when I try to see chart in runtime I'm getting below error :

17:54:40 ERROR - TW.Runtime.Workspace.Mashups.getWidget exception loading widget {
  name: Error,
}

I checked JAVA OPTIONS everything looks fine. 

Thingworx Version : 9.2 ( Fresh Instance)

Could any one help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,
VR

6 REPLIES 6

@Velkumar 

Try clearing browser and tomcat cache and see if it fixes the issue.

Regards,

Sachin

@SachinSharma Tried this method. Still no luck !

@Velkumar

Article - CS345409

Error - 'TW.Runtime.Workspace.Mashups.getWidget exception loading widget' is seen on loading mashup with widgets imported as extension

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS345409

Check java path in tomcat properties

Article - CS246176

ThingWorx Widget is not displayed causing "ERROR - TW.Runtime.Workspace.Mashups.getWidget exception loading widget"

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS246176

Just a few other items to check.

Hi @PEHOWE 

It looks like both Java and Java encoding option are set properly in tomcat. Please below image for your reference

Velkumar_0-1629107882616.png

Still I don't know why it is not working.

/VR

Hello Velkumar,

From your screen capture it is not possible to verify that the -Djava.library.path variable is pointing to the proper location.  It should point to

-Djava.library.path=/opt/tomcat/latest/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/extensions

Peter

Here are a few things you can check:

• Make sure that the widget constructor name is the same for both the IDE and Runtime versions; if in your IDE file your extension is defined as
    TW.IDE.Widgets.simplechart = function () { ... }

It should have the same name in the runtime file:

TW.Runtime.Widgets.simplechart = function () { ... }
  • Make sure that there isn't something that prevents the combined extensions file from being evaluated completely. For example, a syntax error in any widget will prevent the extensions from loading at runtime, or an error thrown by a global statement could cause a part of the extension widgets to not load. You should use the browser inspector, rather than the Thingworx logs, to look into this.
Top Tags