cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Edge SDK vs Edge Microserver

ChahatGupta
8-Gravel

Edge SDK vs Edge Microserver

Hi,

I am trying to understand the connectivity of edge devices to thingworx platform using Java SDK and Edge Microserver.

Can someone answer the below two queries or refer any related articles apart from support guide.

1. What is the difference between the features of Edge SDK and Edge Microserver ?

2. How to send commands from Thingworx Server to Edge Devices Using Java SDK ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ChahatGupta)

The Edge Microserver is a compiled version of the Edge SDK.

How to send commands - the Edge Microserver or Edge SDK can have functions/services defined that you can expose as Remote Services and bind within the Thingworx platform.

You will map those on a Remote type Thing within the platform, and then you can invoke them and they'll execute on the agent side.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ChahatGupta)

The Edge Microserver is a compiled version of the Edge SDK.

How to send commands - the Edge Microserver or Edge SDK can have functions/services defined that you can expose as Remote Services and bind within the Thingworx platform.

You will map those on a Remote type Thing within the platform, and then you can invoke them and they'll execute on the agent side.

Top Tags