cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Edge device with information prioritisation / managing the socket messages

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Edge device with information prioritisation / managing the socket messages

Hello,

I have to send some alarms, warnings and errors from a device (microcontroleur) to thingworx. The SDK type has not been choosen yet, but I would personnaly prefer the Java SDK. Because the quality of the network is very poor, I have to prioritize the message sending. It means that I have to make sure that the errors will be send first.

- Is that possible using the SDK?

- or should I manage myself a queue of messages ?

- How can I make sure that a value has been successfully sended / received using updateSubscribedProperties?

Can I also switch the network used if one is down, for instance switching from Wifi to GSM? In java I would open a socket for a given interface, is that also possible? 

socket.bind(ni.getInetAddresses().nextElement());

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:gch)

Hi @gch.

ThingWorx can do all of this with the proper coding to handle the prioritization, etc..  Since this could be complicated, we recommend that you reach out to one of our consultants for guidance.  You can contact them either through your Sales rep or by reaching out to the Sales team here.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:gch)

Hi @gch.

ThingWorx can do all of this with the proper coding to handle the prioritization, etc..  Since this could be complicated, we recommend that you reach out to one of our consultants for guidance.  You can contact them either through your Sales rep or by reaching out to the Sales team here.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags