cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Elippsis not working on grid configuration

HaykhalAdhi
4-Participant

Elippsis not working on grid configuration

i have problem with long text and want the grid to trunc the view and give full string on tooltip. but when i set the overflow in grid configuration to elippsis, it still too long (making it double lilne) until the data trunc itself. and even then, the tooltips got same trunc as the grid itself. anyone can help the problem ?

this is the config.
"targets": 6,
"fieldName": "brand_name",
"title": "Brand Name",
"width": "200px",
"autoWidth": true,
"overflow": "tooltip",
"headerTextAlignment": "center",
"textAlignment": "center",
"hidden": false,
"inLayout": true,
"columnFormatter": {
"type": "string",
"format": "full",
"cellEditor": { // optional: defines cell-editing options for this column
"enabled": false // *{boolean} to indicate whether cell editing is enable for this column
}
}
}

3 REPLIES 3

cell overflow setting. Options: 'fitted', 'wrapped', 'clipped', 'ellipsis'

Might be a typo. Check with ellipsis

i already try ellipsis, and no. i don't think it's typo. and if i use ellipsis, the tooltip not working

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:HaykhalAdhi)

@HL_10125494 

Could you please provide the full configuration settings, ThingWorx version, which widget exactly did you use, it's grid advanced or new ptcs-grid widget?

Preferably provide the sample entities of yours (including Mashup and Things and all the dependencies used in the mashup) by which we can replicate the same in our environment.

Also you can download sample entities from below Help Center and check the services that returns configuration setting of GridAdvancedExampleServices Thing like GetPartsConfiguration to compare the structure with your JSON bound with Grid configuration.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/Widgets/AdvancedGridsSamplesFile.html

The "overflow":  "ellipsis" config supposed to be working:

Top Tags