cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Enable/Disable markers in Timeseries chart widget

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

Enable/Disable markers in Timeseries chart widget

Hello,

I am using a default TimeSeries chart widget on a mashup. I have binded it to multiple data sources as I would like to have different data shown on the chart simultaneously like motor speed, temperature, valve pressure etc. Now what I would also like to do is select which data pen (marker) to be shown on runtime, example a user might be interested only in motor speed, or a second user might want to see motor speed along with temperature, or someone might want to see all the parameters.

So is there a way by which I can control and show this selection at runtime. I mean if it is possible to achieve this by clicking on graph legend, or by using a separate list widget by side of the timeseries chart widget.

Thanks

Aditya Mittal

1 REPLY 1
AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:amittal-3)

Hi Aditya,

Yes you could achieve this with a separate list widget that allows the selection of the data points you want to chart.  The service(s) to return this would need to have a generic datashape, with columns such as time, value and label.  The input to the service would be an infotable of the selected rows from the list.  Then each pen would select a specific row index from the selected rows and return the values to the bound service of each.

Hopefully this points you in the right direction.  Let me know if you have any further questions.

Adam

Top Tags