cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Error complaining that eventHelper cannot be deleted

oskarberntorp
12-Amethyst

Error complaining that eventHelper cannot be deleted

Hi,

I am developing a widget snd I get the bellow error, as I can´t find an obvious explination, I wonder if anyone here knows what it means:
An error occurred while calling destroy for NovotekQRCodeReaderWidget, Id = "NovotekQRCodeReaderWidget-8". TypeError: property "eventHelper" is non-configurable and can't be deleted

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @oskarberntorp.

Since you are having issues with all mashups, it sounds like you have introduced a library that is conflicting with the ones that come with ThingWorx.  You can test this by removing your extension and then check the mashups that aren't configured to use your custom widget, to see if you're still getting errors.

Note:  if you try to test your mashup that contains your custom widget after you remove the extension, the mashup builder will remove it from the mashup, so you may want to make a copy of the mashup before doing any further changes or testing on it.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @oskarberntorp.

Just to clarify, you're creating a widget extension?  At what point do you get the error?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi,

Yes, I build a widget extension.
When I load the mashup builder.

Now, I also get this error when running the mashup, from what I can see, the file the error referes to looks good.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input (at CombinedExtensions.20231113_155851.js:24462:1)

Kindly

Oskar

Hi @oskarberntorp.

So you were able to import the extension without issue?  Are you getting the error with any mashup or just the one that uses the extension?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

The import where successfull.
The error occures on other mashups too (I tried an new empty mashup), even after deleting the mashup containing the widget.

Kindly

Oskar Berntorp

nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:oskarberntorp)

Most likely you have some syntax error in your custom widgets JavaScript code. Please verify your code has no issue.

TWX will take custom widget javascript code and put it into the "CombinedExtension.js" file (therefore the filename) which does throw the error you mentioned. So something will be wrong with your code (I assume). And you also may be able to spot the issue when looking at the file with the error.

Maybe this helps already. If not, I guess we cannot help too much without the widget you created to investigate ourselves. Not sure if you can share it.

Hi @oskarberntorp.

Since you are having issues with all mashups, it sounds like you have introduced a library that is conflicting with the ones that come with ThingWorx.  You can test this by removing your extension and then check the mashups that aren't configured to use your custom widget, to see if you're still getting errors.

Note:  if you try to test your mashup that contains your custom widget after you remove the extension, the mashup builder will remove it from the mashup, so you may want to make a copy of the mashup before doing any further changes or testing on it.

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags