Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Error in Aggregating Stream Data


Error in Aggregating Stream Data

<p><p class="MsoNormal">I apologize for reposting this, but since you folks are so

wonderful at responding so quickly and since I did not get a near-instantaneous

response on this one, I figure it might be because it got lost in the last


<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p>I am having problems aggregating the values from one of my

data streams. I keep getting ‘Execution error in service script: Wrapped

java.lang.NullPointerException’ errors in the logger. I can see that the

GetStreamEntiresWithData call is working fine and I get a significant number of

rows coming back (I moved the for each snippet up and commented out the

aggregate call). However, it seems like it keeps failing when I go to call the

Aggregate function (I do not see the count posted at all in the logger when I

try to get it from the Aggregate result). I originally had it where I was

reusing the result and params variables like Andy’s earlier example, but I

changed them to see if they were the ones causing the issue; does not look like

that is the culprit. I also double-checked the column names but they are all

correct (including case). Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!</p><p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">var result = new Object();<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p> </p>

<p class="MsoNormal">var StreamParams = {<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">                oldestFirst

: false,<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">                maxItems

: 500<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">};<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">// GetStreamEntriesWithData(oldestFirst:BOOLEAN,


<p class="MsoNormal">result =


<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">var result2 = new Object();<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">var AggParams = {<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">                t :


<p class="MsoNormal">                aggregates

: "SUM,SUM,SUM",<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">                columns

: "Rejects,EnergyUsage,WaterUsage",<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">                groupByColumns

: "ProductID"<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">};<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">// Aggregate(t:INFOTABLE, aggregates:STRING, columns:STRING,


<p class="MsoNormal">result2 =


<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">var count = 0;<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">for each (var line in result2.rows) {<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">count++;<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">}<o:p></o:p></p>

<p class="MsoNormal">logger.warn(count);<o:p></o:p></p></p>


Hi Brian that error generally means there is a syntax issue somewhere. Not sure if all those columns were defined by you, but I know Andy uses camelBack notation so it would be rejects, energyUsage, waterUsage. (shouldn't give the Java lang error though I think)

Can you try it the following way to see if it makes a difference:

Put columns before aggregates (although this shouldn't matter)

or put it all in the call like:

result2 = Resources['InfoTableFunctions'].Aggregate({"t":result, "columns":"Rejects,EnergyUsage,WaterUsage", "aggregates":"SUM,SUM,SUM", "groupByColumns":"ProductID"});

Top Tags