cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Error with ThingWorx Trial Edition 8.2 installation on Windows 10 Pro

NIRAJPATEL2992
5-Regular Member

Error with ThingWorx Trial Edition 8.2 installation on Windows 10 Pro

I have installed Docker 18.03.0-ce as per instructions given in installation guide.

Still I get the error as mentioned in attached screen shot. After pressing 'OK' on the error popup, it said, "Installation failed or aborted, rolling back".

I have also attached the logs.

Can you please see and tell what's wrong with my installation?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi

Could you please attach all the log files created in the installation directory. We should especially have one for utilities which would be of interest here.

Thanks

Christophe

NIRAJPATEL2992
5-Regular Member
(To:cmorfin)

Hello,

I have attached all the logs file generated in the folder.

Can you please check and tell me what's exactly wrong here?

Hi

It appears that port 8080 was in used when you performed the installation, so ThingWorx foundation got installed on port 8400 instead.

It seems that this can lead to this error. I did reproduce that on one of my machine, though not on other. However when I install using port 8080, this was successful.

Therefore could you try the following:

- uninstall the trial edition

- ensure that whatever application that uses port 8080 is stopped, so that it is free to be sued

- reinstall the trial edition.

Kind regards

Christophe

NIRAJPATEL2992
5-Regular Member
(To:cmorfin)

Thanks for your support.

I have tried installing the bundle ensuring nobody else is using 8080 port, but the error still persists.

You can have a look at the logs again. Please suggest the next step.

Hi

First of all, please accept my apologies for the late reply here.

Somehow I missed your answer.

Thank you for the previous test and the data you attached.

I think another very likely reason for this error is a lack of memory allocated to docker daemon.

Can you please check https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS274717 , it does reports the same error as you get, so there is a good chance this is also your issue.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags