cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Exception while importing Rockwell extension

RockLala
11-Garnet

Exception while importing Rockwell extension

Hi Everyone, 

I have downloaded "MED-61283-CD-084_SP1_ThingWorx-Rockwell-FT-MES-8-4-1-Extension-Bundle" Extension and while i am trying to import it on 8.4 thingworx version. it showing me an below exception. 

Also for this same  Extension there is no document present on site.

could you  please help me on this. 

Rockwell error.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

@RockLala Are you seeing any errors in the application.log and/or in ErrorLog.log?

Please refer to this article for more information.

Also, take a look at this community post.

Thanks,

Vibhuti

RockLala
11-Garnet
(To:vangne)

Thanks For the replay...

But in Platform setting file I already did the required changes and for other extension it working fine means  it got import successfully... but only this Rockwell extension is not getting imported successfully. 

Here I also attached my application log file. 

Thanks In Advance.....

Hi,

Please check this file: https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/AC75D6E640C74B5B9958341B3983423C.pdf?sc_lang=en

Probably you will need also Thingworx Flow before importing the extension.

In log file, you can see also this warning:

WARNING: Attempting to import an entity that contains workflows when Platform orchestration functionality is disabled. Importing the workflows may cause errors when Orchestration functionality is enabled.

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

Thanks for your replay......

But I am somewhat new in Thingworx and I have no idea about Thingworx Flow. so could you help me on this from where i will get setup of this and it installation document. how its work and how it related with rockwell extension...

Please ... Thanks in advance.... 

Hi,

Please look here for more info about Thingworx Flow: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FIntegration_Orchestration%2FThingWorxFlow.html%23

The extension includes the equipment converter thing (PTC.RA.EquipmentConverter)
containing the ThingWorx Flow integration services used by the FactoryTalk
MOM connector and for this there is need of Thingworx Flow installation.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

Top Tags