cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Export as well as import entities using custom script

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

Export as well as import entities using custom script

Hi Team,

Could anybody let me know how to export as well as import entities (single as well as multiple entities) using and PTC script?

Please share the snippet for both import and export (single as well as multiple entities)

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
c_lowy
16-Pearl
(To:ranjank)

Hi @ranjank,

Here are some out-the-box APIs that can be used to import and export entities : ExportSourceControlledEntitiesExportSourceControlledEntitiesToZipFileImportSourceControlledEntities. They are available under the SourceControlFucntions resource.

Please refer also to SourceControlFunctions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
c_lowy
16-Pearl

Hi @ranjank,

Here are some out-the-box APIs that can be used to import and export entities : ExportSourceControlledEntitiesExportSourceControlledEntitiesToZipFileImportSourceControlledEntities. They are available under the SourceControlFucntions resource.

Please refer also to SourceControlFunctions.

ranjank
14-Alexandrite
(To:c_lowy)

@c_lowy 

Thank you for your response. Appreciated!!

Also, may I know what is the name of api for exporting and importing specific entity both in .xml and .twx format.

Also if you let me know the api for data export and import for datatables, streams and valuestreams.

c_lowy
16-Pearl

Hi @ranjank,

The APIs mentioned in my previous email are the ones available in ThingWorx. They do import/export from/to XML only though.

Note that you can also export/import using REST API : Manually Importing and Exporting.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ranjank.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags