cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Expression - Performance Issue

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Expression - Performance Issue

Hello,

I have been using around 40 Expressions in Thingworx mashup. I observed that rendering of the Dashboard on the Runtime became slow, so will the number of Expressions affect the performance of Thingworx Mashup Rendering?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,
Email: psp316r@outlook.com,
Mobile: +91 8099838001.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They can, it all depends on what they do and when they trigger.

If the expressions are used to provide data to display, they will certainly slow down rendering.

If you are curious you can log out timestamps as your expressions run and see them in the developer tools log console 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

They can, it all depends on what they do and when they trigger.

If the expressions are used to provide data to display, they will certainly slow down rendering.

If you are curious you can log out timestamps as your expressions run and see them in the developer tools log console 

Hi @PaiChung ,

I am Getting DateTime Values in the format of JSON from a Service; those DateTime Values are around 40; in expression, I am Converting them to String Format to DateTime and Passing them to the Tool Tips of ValueDispay Widgets. 40 Value Display widgets, 40 Expressions.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,
Email: psp316r@outlook.com,
Mobile: +91 8099838001.

Again I would run the mashup with log statements and the dev tools so you can see what parts take a lot of time.

If necessary, perhaps you can convert the json server side and have the service output the required strings, I know this can be challenging if you are doing time zone type conversions.

Unless the data from the JSON is being used somewhere else, I would highly recommend the date time conversion be performed in the service instead of the expressions.  Without seeing the mashup/service  I assume the result is passed to each expression and either the expressions are fired in parallel or in sequence, either one can cause a significant overhead.

Thanks,

Travis

Top Tags