cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Failed to connect ValueStream

umabou
1-Newbie

Failed to connect ValueStream

Hi

Can you please remember how you solve the "isConnected >false" issue after creating a remote thing?

I am following this short video on value streams: Video Link : 1467

In the video is automatically connected after the creation. I am not able to manage the property bindings because of that.

Can someone please assist?

Message was edited by: Sushant Pandey branched from https://community.thingworx.com/message/63422

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:umabou)

Hi Ulrich, as you can see the issue is quite evident the RemoteThing is not bound or is not online which is why in your 2nd screenshot you are not able to browse and remote property. What sort of remote thing is it? and how are you connecting it to ThingWorx? Until you have a a connected RemoteThing you will not be able to browse it's property.

Hi Sushant,

Thanks for your response. Please bear with me as I am a newbie to Thingworx.

As mentioned above, I was following the tutorial that I linked. Since the tutorial is very step by step, my understanding is that the RemoteDemoThing which inherits its properties from the DemoThingTemplate created using the RemoteThing base thing template will automatically have the value of isConnected set to true as in the tutorial. I am not using any external remote thing as I only want to simulate a simple sensing (simulated)/binding/displaying app within the composer before moving to external devices and edge connectivity. I am using a licensed instance of the ThingWorx Composer, I do not yet have the capabilities to explore the advanced options.

I believe that should be possible from what I have seen online here and there, and I hope it makes sense to you. Will you please to assist me or point me in the right direction?

I am playing around in the Composer and checking online, but I haven't found a solution yet.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:umabou)

Ulrich, thank you for your feedback. I just rechecked the video unfortunately in the video I think the information is missing that to have isConnected set to true for a RemoteThing it's imperative that the binding is done which will automatically set the isConnected value to True. The video is only focusing on ValueStream creation, IMHO if you are starting a fresh and you just need some simulated devices to begin with you can explore the Developer Portal

More specifically the connectivity part, i think they include some java based simulators that you can use for connecting to and testing different components of ThingWorx Composer such as ValueStream to gather some demo data generated by those simulators.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback Sushant. I am aware of all the resources, but I really wanted to have a small quick demo within the composer only similar to this https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/thingworx-foundation-quickstart

But without importing the simulation data as there, and generating the data from the composer.

Thanks so much for your assistance, I will check the resources and for alternatives.

Top Tags