cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Few Columns are blank Thingworx Oracle Connection

thakkelk
7-Bedrock

Few Columns are blank Thingworx Oracle Connection

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to an Oracle 9i database through thingworx.connection seems successful and when I run a service to get the records I am getting the data but few columns are blank. The datatype for those columns which are blank is varchar2

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for pointing in the right direction the issue was with the OJDBC jar on the apache/lib folder on the Thingworx server. I have replaced with OJDBC5.jar and I am able to see the columns

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It seems only numeric data is being displayed. Could you please check if the Datashape linked to the result Infotable has the appropriate base types for the field definitions?

I have checked the Data Shape looks good and i have removed the DS and checked still the same issue. I have the same table in Oracle 11.2 which works fine but in oracle 9i has issue. Checked permissions for the user connecting to DB and it has same access.

Hello,

I don't know what exactly the issue is, but I would suggest checking those three things:

1. Make sure you use correct Oracle JDBC driver in your DB extension;
  2. Check your CLASSPATH for any other Oracle drivers (search in JARs, etc.);
  3. Try to cast VARCHAR2 to something else in your query, e.g. using something like to_clob or cast(puid as char(20))

Regards,
Constantine

Thanks for pointing in the right direction the issue was with the OJDBC jar on the apache/lib folder on the Thingworx server. I have replaced with OJDBC5.jar and I am able to see the columns

Top Tags