cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

File transfer from one machine to another

ChahatGupta
8-Gravel

File transfer from one machine to another

Hi,

I have three text files in a folder on Machine1 which i want to read from the Thingworx Server and transfer them to Machine2 having an empty folder.

Can someone suggest the solution ?

4 REPLIES 4

The files transfered between TWX servers should stay in FileRepository folders. 

By using FileRepository Thing Template, you can find some APIs that will help you transfer files to another system. i.e. GetFileListingWithLinks service.   Click the link the Client side can download the file.

And by using RemoteThingWithFileTransfer Thing Template, you can find services like MoveFile

Here in my query, Machine1 & Machine2 don't have Thingworx installed.

Also, I couldn't download FTP extension from marketplace. I want to enable the Machine1 folder with FTP and fetch the files with Thingworx and then transfer the same files to Machine2 , which is again enabled with FTP.

If not FTP, do you suggest any work around?

In mashup there is a fileUpload widget, it can receive your file from Machine1 and store in the Repository folder in TWX server if you open the mashup in Browser in Machine1.

Open the mashup in Machine2, use the DownloadFilewithLinks service I mentioned previously, it can get the File from TWX server (Previously uploaded from M1).

Hello,

Alternatives to FTP are numerous. Depending on your operating system, consider using NFS, scp (SSH cp), rsync, rclone, Samba / Windows file shares, etc.

/ Constantine

Top Tags