cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Full permissions in sandbox project, no permissions in all other projects

SM_9588025
6-Contributor

Full permissions in sandbox project, no permissions in all other projects

Did you find any solution for this ?

2 REPLIES 2
bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone
(To:SM_9588025)

Yes and no. I am not completely where I wanted to be but fairly close.

• I created a project and assigned full permissions for my new colleague.
  • One important lesson I learned was to also assign permissions on Collections (Things, Thing Templates, Mashups, etc.) so he is allowed to create those entities.
  • I have also assigned design time permissions on EntityServices Resource but I am not 100% sure if that was necessary.

That's on top of my head, I may have missed something since it's a while ago.

Hope it helps

Benny

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:bbeuckSIG)

Hi @SM_9588025.

For something like this, you may want to consider setting up a separate Sandbox instance that the new colleague can play with without having to worry about stepping on another user.  He could also install it locally on his machine if he's running the right configuration.  You would need to refer to the System Requirements to validate.  Note that even though Windows 10 is not listed, many of us run ThingWorx locally on our machines under this OS.  We're suggesting this as an option as the server you're referring to may be one that requires more restrictions to prevent contaminating existing data and projects.

Regards.

--Sharon  

Top Tags