cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Getting data from the Collection Widget or Repeater Widget

leeejw717
11-Garnet

Getting data from the Collection Widget or Repeater Widget

Hi,

I currently have two screens:

Screen A has a collection widget that is bound to an infotable (The infotable has two columns. IsChecked and ID. IsChecked is a boolean column for a checkbox widget and ID is an integer column for a label widget)

Screen B is a mashup that will form each row for the collection widget in A. Screen B has a checkbox and a label widget. This screen has mashup parameters, IsChecked and ID. In Screen A, a JSON object is written to pass the parameters. The collection widget in screen A is populated properly.

But, How do I get information OUT of this collection widget. 

From Screen A, when the user checks the checkbox of a certain row(s), I want to be able to get that data (if it has been checked or not and the corresponding valueId for that row).

NOTE: I do not want to use the selected property on the collection widget. I need to figure out how to do it with the checkbox. 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:leeejw717)

Use the checkbox on change event, together with the passed in mashup parameter that holds the id. to specifically react to an individual box.

If you want across all boxes you can take the Data from the collection widget I think (never tried this) and put that into a service to evaluate upon an external button click. (ie check some boxes, click a button)

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @leeejw717.

If the response provided by @PaiChung has answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags