cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Grid Configuration

DJ_9847497
4-Participant

Grid Configuration

I'm currently binding a grid configuration from a service to the Advanced Grid. Everything works fine - except I can no longer see the binding to get the EditedTable. 

Please let me know how this can be done?

Using version 9.3.4

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:DJ_9847497)

It worked for me with the AdvancedGridSampleFiles with GetEmployeeConfiguration and GetEmployeeData after adding

"cellEditingEnabled": true,
"editButtons": { "enabled": true,"location": "top-right", "enableAddDeleteButtons":true},

and then

"cellEditor": {"enabled": true } for each editable column  (as documented here)

to the configuration.

Before binding the Configuration I bound EditCompleted and EditedTable to a service.Clipboard01.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Rocko
17-Peridot

Not sure what's in your "Configuration" field, maybe an error there. Have you clicked the "IsEditable" checkbox? This should be there as well. Maybe add a fresh Grid Advanced to test. Or even better, move ahead to "Grid" widget instead, as Grid Advanced is legacy.

DJ_9847497
4-Participant
(To:Rocko)

The isEditable is all in the configuration of the grid. Once I bind the configuration, the other properties are no longer visible to be bound. The new grids have features that are missing from the old grid and at this time we're forced to use the legacy advanced grid.  

Rocko
17-Peridot

You will have to decide if you want to configure the widget either via service and the Configuration field or using direct binds.

In the first case, your configuration JSON will have to include the isEditable property with a true/false value to set it, plus the column configurations to set which columns are editable.

A sample of a JSON is given here: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/Widgets/AdvancedGridsSamplesFile.html#

DJ_9847497
4-Participant

Hi,

I am trying to fully use the configuration. I have set the isEditable to true but I don’t have the edited data. What’s the point of editing if I can’t get the data binding to use it?

Rocko
17-Peridot

Just do it the other way around. First bind EditedTable, then assign the Configuration. The binding will persist.

DJ_9847497
4-Participant

I tried that. The configuration doesn’t work if I do that. 

Rocko
17-Peridot

It worked for me with the AdvancedGridSampleFiles with GetEmployeeConfiguration and GetEmployeeData after adding

"cellEditingEnabled": true,
"editButtons": { "enabled": true,"location": "top-right", "enableAddDeleteButtons":true},

and then

"cellEditor": {"enabled": true } for each editable column  (as documented here)

to the configuration.

Before binding the Configuration I bound EditCompleted and EditedTable to a service.Clipboard01.png

DJ_9847497
4-Participant

The styles are different - do you know how I can set it to be the same style as the default?

Thanks

Announcements

Top Tags