cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting the TWX application on IIS or Apache Web Server

SK_10243271
6-Contributor

Hosting the TWX application on IIS or Apache Web Server

Can Thingworx Applications hosted on IIS or Apache Web Server? If load Balancer has to be eliminated. Kindly share some information.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SK_10243271, as always, please don't forget to mark a reply as a solution for the benefit of others

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @SK_10243271 ,

Per my knowledge, ThingWorx can only be deployed on Apache server. However, I am not able to understand the second half of the query.

Can you pls elaborate it more?

Regards

Bhawna

Hello Bhawna,

Thanks for replying, The ask is, currently we are using load balancer for our hosted applications but we are planning to not to use the load balancer instead host our applications on IIS or Apache Web server. I understand Apache tomcat server which is used for installing Thingworx but what is the difference between Apache Tomcat Server and Apache Web server? Is there any other method to host our applications by passing load balancer?

Regards

Hi @SK_10243271 ,

ThingWorx Platform can be only deployed in Apache Tomcat (it's specified in the release notes, here). Which means you can not deploy ThingWorx Platform to IIS or pure Apache HTTP server.

The difference between Apache Tomcat server and Apache Web server is a topic you can research via internet easily if you just search using your preferred search engine this topic "apache web server vs apache tomcat". I tried Google and the first answer I received was exactly what you needed.

However, the load balancer part is not related at all to the webserver you use for hosting ThingWorx (meaning that it is not mandatory to use a load balancer for running ThingWorx, except when you use ThingWorx in High Availability mode).

Could you please align with the your team on what exactly is required here and let us know ?

Thanks Vladimir for the insight, now I have pretty good understanding for the query raised.

Thank you .

Cheers

Hi @SK_10243271, as always, please don't forget to mark a reply as a solution for the benefit of others

Announcements

Top Tags