cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How bind the data to a grid from file where the datashape for the file is created at run time.

SaiSameera
12-Amethyst

How bind the data to a grid from file where the datashape for the file is created at run time.

Hi,

I want to bind the data to grid which is taken from the csv file. The datashape for the file is created at the runtime. The datashape is created successfully but while uploding the file after creating the datasape the data from the file is not appearing in the grid. PFA for details.

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:SaiSameera)

Are you parsing the data using the CSV parser or Parsely or are you trying the ToInfoTable service?

I don't have much experience with the ToInfoTable service, the parsers work very well.

Hi @PaiChung,

I'm using Parse CSV service. The service is working fine. But it is not displaying in the grid. 

Hi,

Now I'm able to display the data in the grid. I've made ShowAllColumns in the grid as true.

Thanks

Sameera

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:SaiSameera)

What you are missing is the need to assign the DataShape to the output of the Service.

I know you are creating the datashape dynamically so ShowAllColumns works, but if you are able to create it ahead of time and assign it to the service you'll get more functionality, like show/hide columns and state based formatting as well as selected row tracking.

The grid unfortunately doesn't support I think the dynamic assignment of a datashape (unlike the Property Display)

Top Tags