cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How can I generate user defined data in Mashup

Rajesh_Kumar
7-Bedrock

How can I generate user defined data in Mashup

I want to load students data into a mashup which will be given by user. My vision is , on click of "Add student" button in main page, a window has to pop-up and ask for student name, age, department, photo (image) and so on. After giving all the values, the detail has to be shown in the same main page in addition to the "add student" button. Like this users will add as many students they need.

I'm a newbie here. So step by step instructions will be appreciated. 

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Rajesh_Kumar)

You should be able to find info for this by going through the intro classes or some of the intro projects in developer.thingworx.com

In a super generic way

1. have a place to store the data (DataTable or your own database)

2. have services to do Get/Add/Update/Delete/Query as needed for the interactions

Provide proper input parameters with each service

3. Create initial mashup, use a Navigation widget to launch a pop-up mashup

4. Create the pop-up mashup (regular mashup still) and add your Add service and widgets for the input parameters.

5. Add a button to fire the service and a button to close the pop-up

6. Tie pop-up close from Navigate widget to your Get/Query that displays the data

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Rajesh_Kumar)

You should be able to find info for this by going through the intro classes or some of the intro projects in developer.thingworx.com

In a super generic way

1. have a place to store the data (DataTable or your own database)

2. have services to do Get/Add/Update/Delete/Query as needed for the interactions

Provide proper input parameters with each service

3. Create initial mashup, use a Navigation widget to launch a pop-up mashup

4. Create the pop-up mashup (regular mashup still) and add your Add service and widgets for the input parameters.

5. Add a button to fire the service and a button to close the pop-up

6. Tie pop-up close from Navigate widget to your Get/Query that displays the data

Announcements

Top Tags