cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How can I upload multiple text files from local disk to my own repository created under ThingworxStorage? Also after uploading file, need to parse text file and get few fields from file and store those to dataset?

sranawade
1-Newbie

How can I upload multiple text files from local disk to my own repository created under ThingworxStorage? Also after uploading file, need to parse text file and get few fields from file and store those to dataset?

I have a directory on local disk which contains log files in text format. I need to open each log file, parse and get fields like command name, date and time when command was fired and log about that command. Store this fields into Thingworx database. Then fetch this fields from DB and display in mashup.What is best way to do it ?

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sranawade)

There is a File Upload Widget to help get files from a client into a Thingworx Repository

In the Marketplace you can find the CSV parser which may or may not be helpful to parse the files for content, else you'll need to create string search routines.

FileRepositories have services like GetText to load text files into Thingworx memory for handling (as well as GetJSON and GetXML)

Top Tags