cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How do I connect polar band application live data with thingworx ??

RM12
13-Aquamarine

How do I connect polar band application live data with thingworx ??

Hello,

I want to get polar band application live data in thingworx .I refer this POST but I don't want to used raspberry pi. please suggest :

How do I get live polar band application data in thingworx ??

Is there other way to getting polar application data in thingworx ??   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PEHOWE
16-Pearl
(To:RM12)

@RM12 ,

I do not know what options the Polar Band provides for communication. One method of extracting information from another system would be using a REST API. You could have  ThingWorx making a request for data from the device or the Polar Band web site. The device might have the ability to make a REST call into ThingWorx.

If you want ThingWorx to request information from a Polar Band REST API, you could do something like

var urlParams = "?uid="+<userid>+"&AuthToken="+<token>;
var params = {
             url: "https://<domain>/<restAPI>"+urlParams
	     };

var result = Resources["ContentLoaderFunctions"].GetText(params);

This function does a POST type transaction and the information is returned as an infotable. 

If there is a REST API the tool POSTMAN can be very useful in working out the connection parameters. 

There are also REST API which can send information to ThingWorx.

In your previous post you said that you had a Android application which was extracting information from the Polar Band. If you created the Android application which is receiving the data you can send it to ThingWorx by making a REST API to add the data. 

Another method of getting data into ThingWorx is to use Kepware which can communicate with devices which are capable of sending message on the network.  You will need to configure Kepware or add a driver which can accept the communication. Because Polar Band is a wireless device some method of getting the information from the device needs to be provided. 

Let me know if any of this is helpful.

Peter

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PEHOWE
16-Pearl

Hello @RM12 ,

Have you reviewed Article - CS280188 - ThingWorx Protocol Adapter Toolkit - MQTT Sample Project hands-on.

I understand you do not want to use the Raspberry PI, What is the communication path which you have available? It appears as if the Polar Band uses Bluetooth to communicate between device and the phone based Application. In your case what device is receiving the information from the Polar Band and sending it to ThingWorx?

The Article - CS330044 -In Thingworx platform, how to connect devices to Thingworx system and transfer data to the system lists communication methods. 

Have you looked at Kepware? This software provides communication into a data store. This information is then available to Thingworx. If you were talking about industrial equipment there are drivers which can be configured to allow the communication between the equipment, and  Kepware  KEPServer with ThingWorx. 

You can also create custom drivers which can receive the data from other devices.
Please let me know if this information helps.

RM12
13-Aquamarine
(To:PEHOWE)

Thanks for your reply ,I have polar H10 band and build our own custom application and polar band is now communicate with application  now the question is :

1) How do I send that polar application data in thingworx ??

2) In thingworx, Is there any way to connect android application  to thingworx ??

PEHOWE
16-Pearl

Hello @RM12 ,

Have you looked at http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_edge_sdks_ems/#page/thingworx_edge_sdks_ems%2Fc_edge_sdks_wsems_helpcenter_introduction.html%23

There is also information on supported SDK's

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS302181

Let me know if these assist you in your search

Peter

RM12
13-Aquamarine
(To:PEHOWE)

yes I refer this site but I didn't get any steps about so can you please explain in detail :

1) how Do I integration polar band application with thingworx SDK??

2) In thingworx ,Is there any way to integrate polar band directly to Thingworx??

PEHOWE
16-Pearl

@RM12 ,

I do not know what options the Polar Band provides for communication. One method of extracting information from another system would be using a REST API. You could have  ThingWorx making a request for data from the device or the Polar Band web site. The device might have the ability to make a REST call into ThingWorx.

If you want ThingWorx to request information from a Polar Band REST API, you could do something like

var urlParams = "?uid="+<userid>+"&AuthToken="+<token>;
var params = {
             url: "https://<domain>/<restAPI>"+urlParams
	     };

var result = Resources["ContentLoaderFunctions"].GetText(params);

This function does a POST type transaction and the information is returned as an infotable. 

If there is a REST API the tool POSTMAN can be very useful in working out the connection parameters. 

There are also REST API which can send information to ThingWorx.

In your previous post you said that you had a Android application which was extracting information from the Polar Band. If you created the Android application which is receiving the data you can send it to ThingWorx by making a REST API to add the data. 

Another method of getting data into ThingWorx is to use Kepware which can communicate with devices which are capable of sending message on the network.  You will need to configure Kepware or add a driver which can accept the communication. Because Polar Band is a wireless device some method of getting the information from the device needs to be provided. 

Let me know if any of this is helpful.

Peter

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @RM12.

If one of the previous responses were helpful, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags