cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do you store and forward messages in the .NET sdk?

jbennett1
1-Newbie

How do you store and forward messages in the .NET sdk?

Sorry if this isn't in the correct place to post.

I'm currently sending data values to TW from a remote device and need to be able to implement the offline message storing to hold the values for the time that the connection is lost. In the .NET SDK developers guide p30 it mentions using these 2 properties:

(This is how I currently have them set)

config.OfflineMsgQueueSize = 100;

config.OfflineMsgStoreDir = "C:\\Users\\john.bennett\\Desktop";

When I first run the program the two files "offline_msgs.bin" and "subscribed_props.bin" are created on the desktop at 0KB. Now to my understanding (as there's very little documentation in the guide) if I were to stop tomcat or turn off my laptops Wifi then it should then begin to store the values into these two files but nothing happens the files don't grow (forever stay at 0KB in size) and nothing is forwarded to TW upon re-connection and the data is lost.

What am I missing in order to keep these offline values?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Still having an issue with this if anyone can provide any insight? All the documentation I can find that shows more information then the .NET is to do with the general C SDK.

If anyone can help us configure the logging for the .net SDK it may help diagnose this issue.

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:jbennett1)

I've tested this functionality locally on my system and I'm seeing that the offline_msgs.bin file never increases in size. I've submitted a JIRA to R&D regarding this and you can follow this article for updates on the status of the JIRA.

The C SDK definitely works, and the .NET SDK is built off of that functionality so there may just be a simple disconnect between the wrapper and the core underlying c code.

Meghan

Top Tags