cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How long does it take to run a subscription ?

WB_9962145
6-Contributor

How long does it take to run a subscription ?

Hola everyone,

I was wondering weither there's a way to find out how long does it take to run a script inside a subscription ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:WB_9962145)

You can turn on system statistics, you may have to have the subscription call a separate service.

Also you can log out or process start and end time in the subscription.

I've done test cases where at sub start I do getDate() and again at the end and subtract those to get the time elapsed.

Then I also do a running average calculation by doing (# of times ran * average + last time) / (# of times ran + 1) 

Then I store the new average and new times ran.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You can turn on system statistics, you may have to have the subscription call a separate service.

Also you can log out or process start and end time in the subscription.

I've done test cases where at sub start I do getDate() and again at the end and subtract those to get the time elapsed.

Then I also do a running average calculation by doing (# of times ran * average + last time) / (# of times ran + 1) 

Then I store the new average and new times ran.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @WB_9962145.

In addition to the points Pai made, you can also look at using the utilization subsystem for gathering statistics in your environment.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @WB_9962145.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags