cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to Add multiple folding panel in thingworx 8.1

DT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

How to Add multiple folding panel in thingworx 8.1

Hi Everyone,
I want to add multiple folding panel according to data row in the data table. It would be add dynamically on mashup when the data is add in the data table

Example

I have two topics MAC and WIN task which having their data and I want to show their data on each of folding panel. Which Means,
- MAC showing their data on one folding panel if there is only one row of MAC data in table.

- WIN showing their data on another folding panel which exactly next below to MAC's folding panel if their is only one row of WIN data in the table.

- If multiple of MAC or WIN rows present in the data table which means total number of rows of folding panel       will be created on the mashup load.

- MAC and WIN data is separately stored in their respective data table. 

For reference please check attach image

Appreciate if you please help me.

10 REPLIES 10
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:DT)

Hi @DT.

You're running on an old, unsupported version of ThingWorx so it may be difficult to provide assistance on this.  Do you have any plans to upgrade?  The latest release is 9.2.1. 

I think the version you're running had the repeater widget you could try.  That widget was replaced with the collection widget in 8.2 because it provided better performance with fewer issues at runtime, and is still current in the latest release.  The widget you are trying to use has been deprecated and will be removed from a future release of the product.

Regards.

--Sharon

DT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

Yes we are planning to upgrade it into thingworx 9.2 but it will take time.

As of now we have repeater widget so using that how we can multiple folding panel according to data as I mentioned in my requirement.
Please refer above screenshot.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DT.

So do you still have questions?  Or have you been able to resolve your issue with the repeater widget?

Regards.

--Sharon

DT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Hi @slangley It will take time to for thing Worx upgrade but as of now I have to manage this requirements in current version. I have tried using repeater but it failed. Can you please tell how we can add folding panel using repeater?

slangley
23-Emerald II

HI @DT.

8.1 is no longer supported, so we're unable to test it for trying to come up with a solution.  And since the repeater widget has been deprecated, we no longer have the tutorials available that existed at one time, but this article may help.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

HI @DT.

Did you find the previous response helpful for using the repeater widget?  If not, please let us know what you're struggling with and we will try to assist further.

Regards.

--Sharon

DT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

@slangley not able to add multiple folding panels according to data.

Suppose I have 10 rows in the data table then IT must to add 10 folding panels with its data on the mashup this is my requirement but still I didn't get any success on it.

Please help me with any solution if you have.

slangley
23-Emerald II

HI @DT.

The folding widget does not support the ability to dynamically add copies of itself, whereas the repeater widget does.  In case you're not understanding, the repeater widget references an inner mashup that you design that contains the folding panel.  The repeater displays each instance of the inner mashup as an individual cell.  You pass an input to the repeater to tell it how many times to repeat that mashup.  This can be done via a service to dynamically display the number of mashups needed.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DT.

Do you still have questions or did my last response provide a better explanation? If you still have questions, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DT.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags