cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to Do Linked Mashups with DrillDown?

beck.smith
1-Newbie

How to Do Linked Mashups with DrillDown?

I have an immediate need to understand and get some guidance on the mechanics of how to design and execute a linked mashup drilldown such as pictured here. This is a classic cascading set of web page links each containing hyperlinks until user finally arrives at a detail screen.  Also need lateral and reverse navigation... but first things first.

I have looked at Trees, D3Tree extension, networks, and security organizations but not yet arrived at a clear and cohesive design or methodology that works.

Surely this has been tackled before using ThingWorx – yes?

Anybody done the same or similar and can point me to documentation, examples, or a framework in which to work?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Beck, I'm not sure if I understood the flow correctly, but did you try looking into using Combined Mashups (or the Navigation widget) and Mashup Parameters?

I will look into both of those, thanks.

Is there anything I can add to help you understand the flow? 

It is basically 1) All vending machine locations for a company --> Click a site --> 2) All vending machines for that particular site --> Click a vending machine --> 3) the details of that particular vending machine.  At point 3 I have "drilled down" to the specific machine at a specific site for a specific customer.

Let me know what else I can share to explain.

Thanks,

Yes, that's what I understood, but did want to check with you anyways

For example, if you are using a Contained Mashup, you could store the value from the primary mashup (the vending machine locations) in a Mashup Parameter, and pass that into the name field of the Contained Mashup (assuming that that is the Mashup name). Now that you are at point 2, you could use the same method to get to point 3, or maybe use a Navigation widget instead and display a pop up for point 3.

Top Tags