cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to add data in tree grid advance?

DT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

How to add data in tree grid advance?

Hi 

I want add data in the below format  please check attachment. I have a other page from where I can add Role and their member name So When I will add member in each department it should be add in their respective department. Can you please suggest which widget or any other solution to achieve this requirements.

9 REPLIES 9
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:DT)

Hi,

1. From "Help Center" - "Working with Tree Grid Data": https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/Widgets/WorkingWithTreeGridData.html

2. Video review "Grid Advanced Extension Widget v2.0": https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/Grid-Advanced-Extension-Widget-v2-0/td-p/532139

3. Article - "Using Tree Grid Advanced Widget in ThingWorx": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS329539

DT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Hi @VladimirN 

I have already refer this article but I didn't understand what exact to do with tree advance widget. Can you please suggest I just want show and add my data in format please check above attachment

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @dt.

It sounds like you just need to refresh.  Are you initially loading the data on mashup load?  One option would be to bind the ServiceInvokeCompleted event to a service that populates the tree to force it to refresh.  Another option would be to trigger a changed event at the widget level.

Unfortunately, we would need more details regarding your application to be more specific.

Regards.

--Sharon

DT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

hi @slangley 

I just want to show data on tree advance grid using datatable. I have one datatable having more number of rows of data. So I just want show this data in the format image please check attachments. When I will add members in respective Roles so it should add only their roles not bottom of the grid. In tree advance we can expande and collaps roles or parent row that why I wanted to add the data in tree advance grid. Do you have any reference to achieve this requirement please let me know. Hope understand my requirement.

Thanks 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @dt.

Are you remembering to add the role at the same time you're adding the name?  This page from the Help Center may help.  It sounds like you'll need to pass the Id field name and the ParentIDFieldName along with the data you're building.  Essentially, you need to tell the ID of the parent node the name it belongs to.

It may be best to open a case for this.  I will be happy to do so on your behalf, but will need the ThingWorx version you're running along with the name of your company and an email address of someone with a PTC support account.  You can provide this information via private messaging.

Regards.

--Sharon

DT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

HI @slangley 

Can you please send me small example if you have so that I will try at my end.
It will help me a lot

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @dt.

From this page of the Help Center you can download and import the samples file to provide the example you need (and others).

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @dt.

Please let us know if the examples provided were helpful.  If not, please provide more detail regarding the issue so we can try to assist.

Regards.

--Sharon

DT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Hi @slangley  @VladimirN 

I did not get answer yet I need to know how tree advance grid is perform.
I need some small basic example to show data on tree advance grid.

I want to add data add into datatable to show it on tree advance grid but did not know how to do it.

Can you please help with small example.

I have already attach image on above thread please check

Top Tags