cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to automate Export in Thingworx

RaajeevHDave
7-Bedrock

How to automate Export in Thingworx

We want to automate Export to ThingworxStorage for particular table. How to do this. Any idea.

Please suggest.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

We do export a set of DataTables (We tag with a specific tag the DataTables that we want to export) through calling the API directly from Server Side Javascript, that's our code:

var APIKey = ApplicationKeys["AppKeyNameWithTheRights"].GetKeyID();

var exportURL = "YourServerURL"+"/Thingworx/DataExporter/?Accept=application/octet-stream&searchTags="+"TagForTableNamesToExport"+"&repositoryName="+"RespositoryNameWhereToStoreData"+"&path="+"PathOnFileRepository+"="+APIKey+"&_="+Math.random()

var result = Resources["ContentLoaderFunctions"].GetText({

proxyScheme: undefined /* STRING */,

headers: undefined /* JSON */,

ignoreSSLErrors: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,

useNTLM: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,

workstation: undefined /* STRING */,

useProxy: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,

withCookies: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,

proxyHost: undefined /* STRING */,

url: exportURL,

timeout: undefined /* NUMBER */,

proxyPort: undefined /* INTEGER */,

password: undefined /* STRING */,

domain: undefined /* STRING */,

username: undefined /* STRING */

});

Thanks Appreciate your response. I want to export data to some file then my SOUP webservice pick that data from file and import it to Hadoop database.

Do you thing it is possible?

I do not want anyone should directly access my database because of PCI Zone.

Hi, for SOUP do you mean SOAP ? if that's the case, why don't you call directly the SOAP service from ThingWorx and you push the data to it? Or the other way around, why from your webserver call ThingWorx and pull the data through it's RESP API?

Thanks again. Because of PCI requirement we can make any thingwrox inbound call. SOUP means Webservice call.

And outbound?

I am sorry we can make any outbound call from thingwrox not inbound call. Nobody can come inside from outside to access thingwrox..

Then I don't know man, as if no one can enter/exit how the SOUP service will enter to take the file...

Top Tags